This paper outlines a comprehensive set of reforms to the strata laws that the Government
intends to introduce. The reforms are designed to:
- empower communities to make their own decisions in a democratic way;
- foster a culture of community and cooperation;
- improve governance through greater transparency and accountability;
- help ensure building defects are identified and rectified earlier;
- establish a fair process for the collective sale and renewal of strata schemes;
- provide a simple and effective means for resolving disputes;
- recognise the importance of communication and education;
- provide protection for individuals from unfair practices;
- encourage participation in meetings and decision-making by residents and owners;
- be future orientated, with emphasis given to modern technology;
- establish flexible administrative and management arrangements; and
- reduce red tape, update terminology and simplify requirements.
The Government’s proposed reforms are set out in a PDF document which you can view here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get the latest news updates from the Netstrata team.